Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, 2016 The End?

Ladies and Gentleman, drum role please................................................

Saturday, the 12th of November, marked exactly 2 years since I left my home (meaning traveled across town and lived in college dorms for a week) and entered the MTC to prepare for my full time service in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission.  Friday, the 18th, is the day that I will hug the angels that my Father in Heaven has sent to be my guardians in this life, otherwise known as my family.

It has been a long, hard road folks!  Let me tell you, it's been tough.  But it was worth every single second.  I will always remember this place (even though the geography is kind of bland), and the people here will always have a place in my heart.  

I can promise you that I am not the same person I was when I left.  I am lil ol' Jesse Carter, but I am much more than that now.  I have learned who I am, and who I can become.  I've learned who my Father is, and who my Savior is.  And I can never be the same, nor do I ever want to be.  

I was reading in Alma 5 yesterday, and I want to share what I learned.  Alma asks the people of Zarahemla "My brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?  Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently humble? That your garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to redeem his people from their sins?  Behold, are ye stripped of pride? I say unto you, if ye are not ye are not prepared to meet God. Behold ye must prepare quickly; for the kingdom of heaven is soon at hand, and such an one hath not eternal life."

Then I started wondering "would I be ready for the 2nd coming if it came today?"  I normally think ".... well, not yet!  I'm not ready!  I've still got a long way to go before I am."  Then I reread this section.  Have I felt to sing the song of redeeming love?  Yes, and I do feel so now.  Have I been sufficiently humble?  Well, I'm still prideful, but the Lord is pleased with my progress for now.  Will the humility I have now be sufficient for tomorrow?  No.  But it is for today.

Well, that's all I've got time for folks!  This is Elder Carter, signing out for the last time.  I love you all, and can't wait to see you again soon!

Elder Carter V

P.S. If you want to email me, hit me up at jessecarterv@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment