Saturday, January 17, 2015

True happiness comes when you make others happy.

Week 7

Well, A's baptism was amazing! Her husband baptized her and he decided he is gonna totally change his life!! So, J dropped us. He basically told us that when we teach him, he understands some things, and others just don't make sense to him because he doesn't think he is educated enough, so he gets frustrated and angry, and he doesn't want to put up with it anymore. We still see him periodically and say hi, but that's about it. M didn't come to church, but she does like meeting with us. She said that she doesn't want to convert but she loves our company and "she loves talking about Jesus!" J didn't understand that the experience in Priesthood was an answer, but in my email to President, he said to ask him "If prophets weren't important as God's connection to his children why would he call them?" Words of wisdom, for sure! This week wasn't very productive in a teaching sense. All of the lessons we had planned bailed on us, so we made other appointments, and we spent half the week in Jamestown. On Wednesday we had District Meeting, and we shop after district meeting since we don't have anywhere to shop in VC (We have special permission to do so, no worries), and that takes up most of the day, so we got back and did as much as we could. Friday was A's baptism and we had to get there 2 hours early to fill the font, then the baptism started at 6, and afterwards some members took us out to dinner, than it was time to get home. Saturday was another baptism of an 8 year old boy, which also took a while, and afterwards we did some service. Sunday we had to be to church early for Ward Council, and after church we did our studies than did weekly planning, and had our meals in there as well. We didn't get to leave the apartment yesterday because of the crazy schedule changes. It was miserable, but we got our planning done, which needed to be done, considering the week had just started haha!
Well, the weather has been a little better. There still isn't a lot of snow on the ground, but it stays pretty chilly most of the time.
So, this last couple of weeks I've realized how much I miss my music.... like, a lot... I was reminiscing about the time I sang with Johnny and Mckay, and I wanted to cry! that's the first time I've been truly home sick (I love the rest of you too, but this hit me hard that day haha). Than I started thinking about choir, and band, and Provo, than I went farther back to Bethel, and band and choir there, and man.... That was a ruff day. I miss singing "Sure on this Shining Night" with the Chamber boys, and I could just go on and on, but I won't. I didn't really how hard it could actually be, but, it's so worth it! There really isn't anything like dedicating you life to the Lord, and helping others come closer to Jesus Christ, and seeing how happy they are as they make that journey. True happiness comes when you make others happy. Nothing else really compares. Man, I love this work!!!
Ok, I'm done!! Here are more quotes (well.... quote....)!
"How much wiser and better it is for man to accept the simple truths of the gospel... and to accept by faith those things which he... cannot understand." - President N. Eldon Tanner, General Conference Ensign 1968, 49
Well, I love you all and hope all is well back home(s)!

Elder Carter V

P.S. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but there is a talk by Brad Wilcox called "His Grace" I believe. That talk is absolutely amazing, and I encourage you all to listen to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment