Sunday, April 3, 2016

March 7, 2016 Transfers

I forgot I needed to give you my zip code.  It is 58504.

I feel like my letters keep getting shorter and shorter, but hopefully they will pick up!  This week was a lot of administrative stuff like driving the Transfer van to Fargo and back.  I drove it to Fargo, and my comp drove it back.  While in Fargo we got to stop at the only Panda Express in the mission.  Man, it was soooo good!  Then we stayed the night if Fargo with the Zone Leaders there, and shipped out the next morning with a load of missionaries.  It was a blast to see all these missionaries that I haven't seen in forever!  It was also pretty fun to be driving a vehicle that is twice the size of what I'm used to driving with a trailer on the back.  Fun stuff!

That has been a lot of my week.  We also had to clean up and take down all the transfer stuff and make sure all the missionaries got to the right place and got all their luggage. 

This week I was reminded of just how important it is to be following the teachings of Jesus Christ.  For one, we teach 2 families that are in a very rough spot, mostly financially, but that takes a huge toll on their relationship too, so the couple is being torn apart too.  And, honestly?  Their problem is they don't live what Christ taught, specifically the Word of Wisdom.  If they didn't drink and smoke, they would have a ton more money!  If they tried to live a life like Christs, they would be so much happier.  And most important, their families would be protected.  The commandments are not there to be a crutch to keep us from reaching our full potential.  they are a protection for us.  As King Benjamin declared, "Consider on the blessed and happy state of those who keep the commandments of God, for they are blessed in all things, both temporally and spiritually."  The blessings of commandment keeping are so apparent, and all it takes is to experiment on the words of the prophets.  And hey, if it turns out that the prophets weren't inspired of God, you will know, because you will not see the promised blessings.  But I'm here to tell you that there are tens of millions of people that can testify that they have been blessed "both temporally and spiritually".  What do you have to lose?  Not a thing.  

I can promise you all that if you want your life to improve, live the way that Christ did, and head the words of His prophets, both ancient and modern.  Seek for those things that are in the scriptures, "for they will tell you all things what ye should do."  

I love you all and I pray that all is well for you!  

Elder Carter V

No comments:

Post a Comment