Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I will be the Senior Companion!

This has been a mild winter (from what everyone tells me....) The snow hasn't stayed longer than 2 weeks, and never got higher than a foot. About the guy in Fargo, we are going to contact the Fargo missionaries, but we haven't quite gotten around to it yet. We teach M once or twice a week, but we probably won't  keep on. We'll keep in touch, maybe visit her periodically. J is going to New Orleans for 2 weeks, so that's kind of a bummer, but he'll be back. We found 3 new investigators tracting! Crazy! In one week!  C and her mom, found tracting and they invited us to come over a few days later, are super open and loved the idea of a complete Restoration of Jesus Christ's church the way he established it in his time. They are Native American and know that Jesus Christ came to the America's in the past, and that there were prophets as well. It's gonna be so cool teaching them! B, another new investigator, is from Sudan, and when we knocked on his door, he smiled and invited us in. We had a super powerful lesson, and he was pumped about reading the Book of Mormon, and when we set up the next appointment, he sheepishly smiles, than told us he has to go to Sudan for the next 3 months because his father is super sick. Than we met his room mates, and they wanted to hear our message too! C and A are from Iraq, and C speaks pretty good English, not a whole lot, but pretty good, and A hardly speaks any. C started off looking pretty offended that we had another book of scripture, but as we explained, and after he realized we wouldn't bible bash, he decided he would read it, but he can't read English, so we are getting him a BoM in Arabic!! When we left, after having an amazing talk (where B bore testimony that the BoM was true since he felt the Spirit while reading it with us. He is so amazing) they all shook our hands, than pulled us in for  hugs. It was a wonderful experience!
Well, on a different note, E. Wright is being transferred right to the heart of the Oil Boom. Williston. His new companion was in my MTC District! My new companion has 3 months left on his mission, so I'm pretty excited to see what I get to learn from him! His name is Elder Edwards, and I will be the Senior Companion... Kinda worried about that, but I hope I'll survive haha! Elder Edwards was at Zone Conference, and E. Wright said he's awesome! I didn't really talk to him, so I don't really remember what he looks like......
Best chapters of the BoM (well, in my point of view.) are Mosiah 2 and Alma 5. Super powerful!!
Quotes for this week:
"'The quality of our lives.' It's an interesting phrase.  I suspect most people think of this concept in terms of the comforts and conveniences they enjoy... A quality life is one that positively influences others and makes the world around it a better place in which to live." - M. Russell Ballard, Our Search for Happiness, pg. 72
"I am asking that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we “accentuate the positive.” I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort. I am not asking that all criticism be silenced. Growth comes of correction. Strength comes of repentance. Wise is the man who can acknowledge mistakes pointed out by others and change his course.
What I am suggesting is that each of us turn from the negativism that so permeates our society and look for the remarkable good among those with whom we associate, that we speak of one another’s virtues more than we speak of one another’s faults, that optimism replace pessimism, that our faith exceed our fears. When I was a young man and was prone to speak critically, my father would say: “Cynics do not contribute, skeptics do not create, doubters do not achieve - Ensign,‍ Apr. 1986, 2–4.
I have no idea where those lines came from, so please ignore them haha!
Well, all is well with me, I'm loving it here, and hope to hear about all the awesome stuff that is happening back home!!
Love,
Elder Carter

Preview
E. Brownie getting transferred

Preview
He is Thai, speaks Karin language, lives in Jordan Utah I think?

Preview
2nd district right before transfers 

No comments:

Post a Comment