Thursday, September 8, 2016

August 1st, 2016 Dwindling Bismarck (both in unbelief and in quantity)

To answer questions, my comp is from Medford, Oregon, via Salem, Utah, and he has been out for 11 months (as of today).  

Well, I'll start with the dwindling in quantity portion of my heading.  Can't remember if I told you last week, but S and M moved to Pine Ridge, and probably won't be getting back any time soon, and L left today.  Twas sad indeed.  The only good thing about people leaving is that you can take the opportunity to bare powerful testimony without reserve.  So, all in all, it's been a great week!  Lots of feeling the Spirit bare witness of testimony.

May I just say as a disclaimer, there are some wacky people in this world!  Now, having said that, there was this guy that some of the other Elders had met a few weeks back who came to class that we tag team teaching with the other missionaries.  He made some... interesting comments.  Nothing too off the wall, just kind of weird.  Then, after the class was over, he stuck around and talked with us for a bit.  After a little bit, he decided to tell us that he was God's only son...  Lets just say we were surprised, and the feeling in the room was horrible.  He was totally bonkers, and I felt so bad for the man!  And the craziest thing is that this is the 3rd person I've met in the last 3 MONTHS that claimed to be God, "mother god" (crazy lady on the street.  She was trippin on something), or to have met and taken a picture with "mother god" (not the one we met on the street).  It was so weird!  I can't remember if I told y'all this, but some guys knocked on our door (what goes around, comes around, eh? Haha never had that happen before).  They started telling us that every religion in the world was abominable and only those who meet this 75 year old lady in South Korea who claims to be God's wife in the flesh can be saved..........................  Creepy.  Just creepy.  There was such a heavy feeling in the air.  No good.  Anywho!  Moral of the story, people are crazy, and life is exciting!

Now!  May I share with you my testimony that we are in the last days.  There is so much confusion in the world.  And may I just say that the thing that has been the greatest protection and sure foundation for me has been my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I love the last words words of the prophet Nephi. "And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.  And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness."  This is so applicable in our own lives!  You can know just as Nephi, and as I know that these things are true, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, cause I will always know it is true because I have received the witness of the Holy Spirit that it is true.  I pray that some day, when I am called before God, and will be able to say that I have been true to the witness that He gave me.  

I love you all!  

Elder Carter V


No comments:

Post a Comment