Thursday, September 8, 2016

June 27, 2016

I am at a loss for what to say.  This week went by so fast, and I couldn't tell you what we did cause I can't remember it!

Updates on the folks up here!  H has quit chewing tobacco!  Now he has a Jolly Rancher addiction.  He told us he's worried we're gonna tell him that he has to quit eating those too, but we just laughed and said not to worry, cause we won't!  He and A are doing just amazing.  They've been at church for the past couple months, and they are just awesome.  That's all there is to it.  I love them so much.  

S is doing good except she's been sick, and her work is crazy so we're lucky to see her more than twice a week.  We are helping her and J remodel their house!  They are leasing a Duplex in a few months and the landlady said they can do whatever they want with it, so they're goin to town on it!  We've been helping them with whatever we can, but every time we come to help something happens so we can't.  S cracks us up so hard!  Everytime we teach her, she tells us how much it just makes sense to her, but always reminds us that "I love my coffee, and that doesn't make sense, so don't try to convince me of that."  We just laugh.  This is what she's been telling us since we first met with her.  She asked us if we would make her quit smoking and drinking coffee, and we just smiled and said "eventually, we'll talk about that, but first we want to help you know why."  She laughed and told us "I know I need to quit smoking, but you're never going to get me off Coffee!"  I just laughed again and said "We'll see".  She threw her head back and laughed at that one.  But, little does she know that she is getting a testimony.  Her prayers are being answered, Poor thing!  She reminds me so much of Glenn Beck, who, when his friend would tell him that he should see if he found true happines in the LDS church, he would say things like "No man, no! Happiness ain't got nothin to do with coffee!"  But, after many years of attending and investigating the church, he was listening to a sunday school lesson, and the Spirit really touched him, and in his own words he said "I don't care if there is coolaid I have to drink.  This is where I need to be."  So, some day soon, I'm pretty sure she's gonna have the same experience.  That's what testimonies do to ya.  In the words of a sign in front of a protestant church "Don't pray about the Book of Mormon, that's how they get you."

Here's the quote of the week!

"A Man without a woman is nothing.  But, a woman without a man.... is still nothing.  Remember my council."  - E. Polatis 

Well, that concludes my remarks.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment