Thursday, September 8, 2016

August 8, 2016 Elder Soarez, Elder Stacey, and the Definition of a Mormon.

Well, I wish I had more to update on S, but all I can say is she doesn't respond to our calls or texts, and the times we stop in we don't get to do anything with them, whether teach or help cause the work is almost done and down to only having 1 paint roller and 1 brush, so that role is filled before we even get there.  So, we don't know what happened.  We're pretty upset, but hopefully once the house is done maybe we can get back in.  Please pray for us to!  She needs it so bad.

I once heard that the definition of a Mormon was one going to, coming from, or preparing for a meeting.  That about raps up my week!  Preparing for meetings, going to meetings, and cleaning up after meetings.  But they were sweet meetings, for sure!  Here goes the readers digest condensed version.

First!  On Wednesday we had Zone Conference which was just great.  Loved it!  Learned so much, saw a bunch of missionaries that I haven't seen in a while, and all in all, it was just great.  

Friday was the best though!  Elder Soares of the Presidency of the 70 and Elder Stacey of the Area 70 came to speak to the leadership of the mission, and man, was it just amazing.  First off, nothing beats listening to a guy with a Brazilian accent.  Second, E. Soares is a spiritual giant.  I learned so much from him!  I finally feel like I can make a difference in the lives of those around me.  He got me so pumped, and the funny thing is it wasn't from his words, but from the way I felt.  That is the true sign of how great a man he is.  It wasn't him that taught me, it was the Spirit, who he invited to be present by his preparation and his prayers and fasting on our behalf.  I couldn't begin to tell you about all the things they taught us cause there was a lot, but it was really just awesome.  

Aside from meetings, we hardly saw anyone.  The A's are doing great!  L and C are back, and it was a blast to see them!  I got to help someone put siding on their house, which that was an adventure, but a good thing to know!  Now, if I need to side another house, I know how!  Woopie.

Well, sorry it's short.  That's about it.

Love ya!  

Elder Carter V

No comments:

Post a Comment